Please read terms and conditions carefully before booking a camper van.
Age and driving license:
1) The Renter/driver of a passenger car or a jeep has to be at least 21 years old and driver license held for at least one year.
2) The Renter/driver of a bigger vehicles which according to law at any given time requires extended driver licence shall present appropriate licence at the start of rental.
Method of payment:
1) A credit card imprint will be taken at the start of all rentals for security/insurance reasons, even when a voucher covers the cost of the rental.This credit card imprint may be used to pay all extra charges, including extra km, extra insurance, parking tickets, damages, tank refill or any cost due to the use of the rented vehicle. No confirmation fee is due at booking. At pickup, the full payment can be paid via credit or debit card. Most primary credit cards are excepted, including VISA, MasterCard, Amex, and others.
Obligations of the Renter:
1) The Renter agrees to the provisions of this Rental Agreement and has received a copy hereof.
2) The Renter shall return the vehicle:
a. together with all accessories (including tires and tools) in the same condition as they were received by the Renter, except for normal wear and tear owing to use;
b. on the date specified under the terms of this Agreement, unless otherwise agreed at a later time;
c. to the premises of the Lessor, unless otherwise agreed;
d. with a full tank of fuel. If the vehicle is not returned with a full tank of fuel, the Lessor may charge the Renter for the amount of fuel needed to fill the fuel tank under the terms of the tariff of the Lessor.
3) The Renter shall pay for fuel and other costs needed to operate the vehicle during the period that the Renter is responsible for the vehicle. Within the meaning of this Agreement, this rental period does not expire until the Lessor has registered the vehicle as received in his system, to which registration of receipt can only be performed during the office hours of the Lessor.
4) If the Renter fails to return the vehicle at the time agreed in this Agreement, or fails to declare his intention to extend the rental period, the Lessor or the police may repossess the vehicle without further notice and at the cost of the Renter. Extended rental is subject to the approval of the Lessor. If the Renter returns the vehicle 1 hour or more after expiry of the Agreement, the Lessor may demand up to a 24-hours’ rental charge under the terms hereof. For each day begun thereafter, the Lessor may levy charges pursuant to his tariff.
a. off-road driving, such as on tracks and rough trails, beaches, etc.;
b. driving on roads marked unpaved & to avoid any informal settlements such as Mitchell’s Plain, Gugulethu, Khayelitsha & Nyanga. In the event of violation of the provisions of this sub-paragraph, the Lessor may impose a fine in the amount of the non-deductible liability of the Renter under the tariff of the Lessor at each time. The above provision on fines does not affect the liability of the Renter to pay for damages;
c. driving under the influence of any intoxicant;
d. driving in or across rivers or any kind of water course.
e. Use of the vehicle that contravenes South African law or the provisions thereof;
f. Driving in snowdrifts and ice.
g. Driving on roads clearly designated by signs indicating potholes or roadworks
7. In the event of a collision or accident, the Renter shall immediately notify the appropriate police authorities as well as the Lessor of the incident, and the Renter shall not leave the scene before the police have arrived. The Renter shall immediately fill out damage reports if damage occurs. If the Renter fails to report damage he will be fully liable for it.
a. a deposit amounting to the estimated cost of renting the vehicle;
b. all costs sustained by the Lessor from having to bring the vehicle back to its premises owing to it being left unattended without regard to the condition of the vehicle, roads or weather.
Obligations of the Lessor:
a. Intentional damage or damage owing to gross negligence by the driver;
b. Damage resulting from the driver being under the influence of alcohol, stimulants or sedatives or otherwise incapable of controlling the vehicle in a secure manner;
c. Damage owing to racing or test driving;
d. Damage owing to war, revolution, civil unrest or rioting;
e. Damage inflicted by animals;
f. Holes burned into seats, carpets or mats;
g. Damage affecting only wheels, tyres, suspension, batteries, glass (other than windowpanes), radio receivers or loss or loss by theft of parts of the vehicle and damage resulting there from;
h. Damage caused by driving on a rough road, such as damage to the vehicle’s transmission, drive or other components in or attached to the chassis; damage to the chassis resulting from the vehicle bottoming on rough roads as a result of ridges left by road graders, stones lodged in the road surface or at the edge of the roadway. The same applies to damage from stones being thrown up and striking the underside of the vehicle during driving.
i. damage resulting from driving in places where the vehicle is not permitted to be driven, such as on informal settlements, tracks, rough trails, in snowdrifts, on ice, across unbridged rivers or streams, on beaches, on causeways accessible only at low tide or in other off-road areas. However, compensation will be paid for damage resulting from the driver being forced to leave the roadway, e.g. for roadside repairs.
j. damage caused by sand, gravel, ash, pumice or other earth material being blown onto the vehicle;
k. water damage to the vehicle;
l. damage caused by sea spray / seawater if the vehicle is transported by sea;
m. In other respects, reference is made to the general terms and conditions for insurance.